We will use this for gym updates and changes due to COVID-19.
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by COVID-19.
The severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored. We must all work together to keep each other safe and keep the gym open!)
Our #1 priority is your health. We are taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
You must wash your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
Please clean all equipment after each use. If you want to be extra safe, wipe it down before use as well.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well throughout the day.
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. During the outbreak, we strongly encourage you to leave the kiddos at home.
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
Current Requirements for Training at Get Built
We've made a few modifications due to COVID-19. Please read these thoroughly to keep everyone safe.
- Face Coverings – Please wear a mask or face covering when you enter the building and any time you are not actively training.
- Social Distancing – Please maintain social distancing the entire time you are in the gym and bathrooms.
- Reserve your class time ahead of time – In order to control class size and ensure social distancing, you must reserve you WOD time prior to coming to class.
- Wipe down all equipment after use.
We thank you for your continued support and diligence in battling COVID.
Hey Get Built Chattanooga family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether or not a person survives.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breath. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool for good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you’ll find safety information HERE and a breathwork exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I’ll leave this one to Michael Pollan – “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.